Although we’ve had to cancel the festival in April, our submissions remain open.
We don’t have new festival dates yet, so here’s what’ll happen when you send us your film -
We’ll email you to let you know we’ve got it.
Then you won’t hear anything for absolutely ages.
Later in the year when we’ve scheduled new festival dates, we’ll start notifying film-makers whether or not a film has been selected.
In the meantime, any emails we get asking for an update will be ignored - we’re not being rude but seeing as we can’t predict the future and are entirely at the mercy of our governments managing the vaccination programme competently, we can’t tell you any more right now.
Submissions for Dead by Dawn
are now open!
Submission deadline is
February 16th, 2022
We don’t charge a fee for submissions
How to submit a film for consideration
- Simply send us a link to Vimeo (or similar) and a password if there is one
- The email address to use is firstname.lastname@example.org
- It helps us a lot if you put your film title in the Subject line
- If the link or password is wrong, the submission will be rejected
What we do with your submission
- We send you an email notifying you of receipt of your film
- The film is seen by our programmers
- We notify you if your film is selected
- We notify you if your film is not selected
- We don’t respond to emails asking for submission updates
- We don’t provide feedback on why a film hasn’t been selected
- We'll arrange to take digital delivery of your film
- We'll need you to provide high-res images
- We'll send details of your screening date and programme
- We'll provide a comp ticket for your screening
- All films are eligible for Audience Awards
Vital things to know about submitting a film to us
- It’s a short film if the runtime is 59 minutes or less
- It’s a feature if the runtime is 60 minutes or longer
- Screeners not in English must have English subtitles
- We don’t accept works in progress or trailers for consideration
- You may only submit your film once
- Please don't send us posters or press kits
- We don’t currently programme music videos or web series
- Please don’t add us to mailing or other distribution lists
- Please don’t send us updates about your film
- We no longer accept submissions on DVD or memory sticks
- A screener request is not an invitation to screen at the festival
- We take the security of your submission very seriously
- We don’t know where we heard about your film