Dead by Dawn has a rolling submissions policy which means you are welcome to submit at any time. We don’t use WithoutABox, so all you need do is complete the form and either email it back to us, or include it with your DVD screener. There is no fee for submission.
Feel free to email at any time if you have questions about our submissions system but please always put the title of your movie as the subject in any mail.
We will notify you of receipt of your screener, also whether or not you’ve been shortlisted, and also whether or not your film has been selected for screening.
Our guidelines are below to read before you submit. If you don’t read them and ask us lots of questions that they answer, we may be forced to be slightly facetious at you.
- Before completing the Submissions Form, please read these guidelines carefully. If you have any questions please contact us.
- Your screener should be either a PAL or NTSC DVD that you have tested before submitting – it is a waste of our time and resources to receive corrupted or incomplete screeners
- If we have been in touch requesting a screener of your film for consideration, please note that this is not an invitation for your film to play at the festival
SELECTION PROCESS, for both Shorts and Features
- Screeners will not be returned
- Submissions must include this form – either with the DVD or by email
- Please do not submit a work-in-progress or rough cut without contacting us first
- You will be notified of receipt of your screener and whether or not you have been selected
- Please do not send huge press kits with screeners – this includes print-offs of your IMDb pages, dozens of reviews, full production notes – these all go straight into our recycling bin
INVITATION PROCESS, for both Shorts and Features. If your film is selected:
- You will receive an official email invitation to play and we require that you accept or decline the invitation by email. This email will specify which section your film will play in, and what prize it will be eligible for
- For films screening on DVD, DigiBeta or Beta, we prefer to receive it at least two weeks before play-date to be test-screened
- We will ship your film back to you one week after play-date. If your film is scheduled to play at another event after us, it is your responsibility to provide us with full contact information for their print traffic coordinator so we can ensure your film arrives in good time. If this information is not received by the time of our screening, your film will be returned to the address supplied on this Submission Form
- The festival will cover all reasonable inbound costs. If your film is going on to another event after us, we expect that event to cover the inbound costs of your movie. If the movie is returning to you, we will cover those costs
- We can screen either PAL or NTSC tapes – there’s no need to transfer NTSC to PAL!
- Each film-maker is entitled to 2 complimentary tickets for their screening. Further tickets will be available to buy from Box Office
- If selected, please provide, in good time, any posters, press kits and/or other promotional materials. These should not be sent until requested and should be sent at your own cost and will not be returned. 300dpi Images for our catalogue should be sent by email only
If you have any questions, please contact us before submitting.
All films should be sent to:
Dead by Dawn Horror Film Festival
Attn: Adele Hartley, 88 Lothian Road, Edinburgh EH3 9BZ, UK